Electronic discovery (eDiscovery) refers to any process in which electronic data is sought, located, secured, and searched with the intent of using it as evidence in most of the litigation cases.
Now days, every information is in electronic format. As a result, dealing with an electronic discovery request can be an extremely challenging process for today's corporations and law firms, especially when considering constraints in time, resources and budgets.
At AerenLPO, we make electronic discovery as smooth, thorough and professional as possible by utilizing our extensive resources to collect, filter and process all of your electronically stored information (ESI).
Our Six Sigma-inspired processes unify all phases of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) – saving time, providing consistency and improving overall efficiency
AerenLPO is a global provider of eDiscovery solutions to 500 fortune companies. We provide end to end solutions to our customers for all their ESI needs covering all stages of EDRM model right from Identification to Production. ESI processing is vital for e Discovery project success. We have a defined process flow to fulfill all electronic needs requested
Project Intake: Aeren LPO received the project related instructions from the client to perform the eDiscovery task.
Connecting to Client Machines: Aeren LPO use to connect client machines through secure and password protected VPN (Virtual Private Network) or internet connection to access their machines. All the tasks needs to be performed on their servers within their secure network to maintain the security and confidentiality of the data.
Data Stagging: To maintain the Chain of Custody, we need to copy the original data to the processing location to carry on the process further. Please do not start processing the data at the original location.
Data Ripping: At this stage, team needs to extract all the archived or container files.
Data Deduping: Needs identification/removal of duplicate files
Data Rendering: Generating text and images of the processed files
Quality Checking: Team runs the quality checks in below steps:
- Native QC –
- Processing Errors
- Commission Errors
- Verify all documents
- Take corrective action per QC manual
- Random sample QC
- Tiff QC –
- Tiff Status ? "Complete"
- Verify all documents
- Take corrective action
per QC manual
- Random sample QC
- Delivery Checks -
- Verify document count in Native, Image and Text folders match and are in correct format
- Verify document and control IDs match requirement and do not overlap between batches
- Verify format of load file
- Check presence of all required metadata field
EXPERTISE WITH INTEGRITY
Our extensive domain expertise helps clients achieve rapid and sustainable cost savings while facilitating improvements in efficiency and minimization of risk. We offer our clients:
- Highly skilled professionals
- Repeatable, defensible, efficient and scalable processes
- Free pilot project assessment
- Outstanding Project Management
- EDRM adopted processes
- Six Sigma accountability
- Lowest possible costs
- Security and Confidentiality ISO Certification
- Meet ever-tightening deadlines
- 24/7 resources available and accessible
OUR STAFF AND FACILITY
We attract the best and brightest attorneys in the industry, and conduct training in accordance with the codes of professional conduct and ethics governing the practice of law in the US and the UK
We present clients with a highly educated and trained legal support team including Certified ESI processors, attorney reviewers, project managers and litigation analysts. We operate a state-of-the-art infrastructure and strict adherence to Six Sigma processes.
- Permanent full-time legal associates in India
- ISO 27001:2005 certification
- Conflict-checks performed on each legal associate
- On-site, multidisciplinary management professionals
- 24-hour security sentry
- CCTV security cameras
- Secure document destruction process
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Security is our primary concern. Our sophisticated data security policy and stringent physical security methods ensure client confidential information remains uncompromised. We provide:
- Physical on-site security
- Personal workstation preventative measures
- Domain and file server security
- Data transfer security
- Data integrity
ISO/IEC 27001 formally specifies a management system intended to bring information security under explicit management control.
HIPPA establishes standards for EDI,secuity,and confidentiality of all healthcare-related data.
Aeren LPO Quality is integral to our operation excellence & our Quality philosophy is a tangible
expression of one of our core values.
In our eDiscovery process, we use to follow below mentioned steps to ensure that the quality of the work performed is as per the client expectation:
Text Quality Control:
- Verify all files have been ripped/extracted from their respective container files (e.g. all emails have been extracted from the PST, all attachments have been extracted from the respective email). File issues addressed
- Verify ASCII/plain text has been generated for all documents. Manual/semi-automatic generation of text in any problematic documents
- Verify text generated for completeness and readability (i.e., junk or binary data should not be present). Reprocessing of problematic documents
Image Quality Control:
- Verify all document images
- Generate tiff for problematic documents if images have not been generated automatically
- 100% image review of randomly selected documents. Reprocess problematic documents
- Verify completeness and readability of tiff images
- Manual formatting where images unreadable
- Check for current date, local processing location, text chopping etc. of images
- Verify image layout e.g. portrait, landscape, page counts etc. as per requirement
- Identify error messages and generate placeholder images for non-processed documents
- Run validation checks